1. Things are very clean and organized here. The impression is as if one has put glasses on, after being near-sighted for a long time.
2. It’s as if we’ve gone into a different time dimension. Our off the grid world is somewhere back in time: People ride their mules, laden with sticks or stacks of plantains, wading through the river to work. No one rides their mule to work here in Virginia Beach.
3. I understand the language.
4. We feel a bit manic re. purchasing our favorite American products to fill an empty suitcase we brought with us.
5. Our house has probably sold – it’s a good thing, financially speaking…yet…we truly loved our house..drove by…heart tug of love memories.
6. It’s beautiful. Whole Foods is insanely wonderful. I have missed Kombucha and want to learn how to make it back at the farm.
7. Back at the farm…a calling still…lovely to feel that we know it now, feel it now, as “Home.” We will be going home soon.
8. When my computer was stolen, the hardest part is all of the personal and business stuff that was in the case and on the laptop. I have to retrace my steps a lot for the EcoRetreats business ideas, phone numbers, brainstorms, leads. And personally, I often jot down little poems, random impressions, moments…lost. One poem that I happened to write in my phone notes, I found and don’t want to lose, so I’ll put it here, where somehow, I will always be able to find it again:
With Sofia, March 7, 2012: (she was almost 3 years old)
I love putting you to bed: After jumping bouncing hours You finally settle. I give you milk And after you drink We lay side by side so Close The tiny wind tunnel of your Breath Whispers up my nose: I breathe in The breath U breathe out. We stare into each others eyes In silent communion comfort we are deeply open.
Years from Now when you might cringe To b so close I will gather this moments memory, gaze deeply into it and breathe you in again. It may soothe the pain Of your protected distance.
(a poem, ever in progress…)
Wherever you are, may we share the gift of peace, love, happiness, health, safety and goodness; and may we share it with everyone. xoxo